Direct access to the Gulf from the garden!
Its oysters and oyster farmers!
Locmariaquer has always been turned to the sea and at the mercy of the tides. It was therefore obvious to cultivate the pearl of the sea, the oyster! When the sea withdraws, it reveals all along its coasts tens of hectares of parks with here and there some oyster farmers turning over their pockets. This local seafood product is served in many restaurants, and you will be able to find tastings during your walks along the coastal paths.
Its water sports!
The first village at the entrance to the ‘Golfe du Morbihan’, Locmariaquer has always embraced the sea! Sailing or motorboating, pleasure or sport, old or new, novice or passionate...you will find in Locmariaquer all types of water sports, and many other activities related to the sea! For a first try, a rental, or to improve your sailing skills, go to the Locmariaquer sailing school!
Its kilometres of beaches!
Whether you are into large beaches as far as the eye can see or small creeks, ocean or gulf, you will find what you are looking for on our coasts. Indeed, because of its location close to a peninsula, Locmariaquer is almost surrounded by beaches, each one more beautiful than the next!
The local businesses:
Ideally located at the entrance of the village of Locmariaquer, Ty Kabiten is close to all the shops!
- Its two bakeries for morning croissants and afternoon snacks.
- The ‘p’tit bar’ to have a coffee and read the paper
- The Spar supermarket where you will find everything you need
- The pharmacy for sun cream
- The bookstore for the latest bestsellers or the great classics of literature
- ‘Chez Marie Thé’ for a delicious aperitif over a good glass of wine and a board of charcuterie.
- For more festive evenings, meet us at Labarker, or at the Coloc!
- The restaurants on the port to taste pancakes, fish, oysters... there will be something for all preferences !!!
- By moving away a little bit from the town, you can taste oysters and other seafood, with your feet in the water !
In the surrounding area:
- The protected natural park of Morbihan with the Gulf, its islands, its coasts, its currents, its tumulus, its boats, its tides…
- The harbour of La Trinité with its numerous sailing boats, fishing boats and trimarans
- Carnac and its dolmen alignments, its spa and its ice-cream shop with more than 130 perfumes!
- Auray, a town of character with its shops and its port in the heart of the old town.
- Quiberon and its wild coast, shaped by the sea
- The islands, heavenly havens of peace (Belle Ile, Houat, Hoedic...)
- Vannes, with its shops, activities and ramparts
- Saint Anne d'Auray and its basilica